Wednesday 12 November 2014

The Night Before

(1st November, 2014)

Having spent all of the previous day discussing logistics and things to carry and so on, Saturday was dedicated to last minute packing. Really, where is the fun unless you're halfway out the door until you realize you've forgotten something super important and immediately run back to get it.

The morning went by in a blur. The excitement of the past week seemed to have melted away and all we felt was nervousness. An apprehensive feeling, but the good kind. The kind that keeps you a tad worried but dancing with anticipation.

Since we were to leave very early the next day, I decided to spend the night in a classmates house, and leave with them in the morning. So by 4 pm, my bags were packed and I was off, with my trip starting a day before the others'. On reaching, it was around 5:30 in the evening, and slowly I could feel the nervousness wearing off and former enthusiasm settling in. 12 hours from then, we'd be on the flight. The butterflies in my stomach were doing somersaults!

As the night arrived, we ordered in and sat back, Pizza in one hand while the other frantically attempted to rearrange the bags to help them close. The onset of the darkness propelled the excitement to a new level, and I couldn't wait to be on our way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment